Monday 19 April 2010

Watched Any New Movies Lately?

When it comes to crafting, some people say that cooking is not a craft. Others would say baking is not a craft either. In my humble opinion, both cooking and baking are crafts too.

A craft is a skill that usually involves art, while crafting means skill or proficiency in doing or making something. Therefore, if you are skillful in baking cupcakes or cooking Western dishes, aren't you considered crafty too?

Recently, I've been watching my collection of movies, and Julie and Julia happens to be one of them. Julie and Julia stars Meryl Streep as Julia Child and Amy Adams as Julie Powell. The movie is about how Julia Child started her cooking profession and how blogger Julie Powell went through her personal challenge to cook every recipes listed in Julia Child's cookery book.

Now, don't get confused. If you haven't watched the movie, you will have to watch it to understand the story. I think it is one of the best movies of Amy Adams and Meryl Streep, and I'm a huge fan of both. Can't wait for their new movies! If you're not familiar with their names, Amy Adams is the one in Enchanted, while Meryl Streep is the mom in Mamma Mia.

Julie and Julia is such a delightful movie that will not only make you feel like eating, but it certainly will make you feel like cooking. They make cooking look so simple, but one thing for sure, you have to cook from the heart.

I've read somewhere that to be a good cook, it's not what ingredients you put in, but how the ingredients are cooked that makes a delicious dish. I guess that's right. No matter how expensive the beef is, if you don't cook it right, it will turn out tough and hard to bite. Lol!

If you've watched the movie, let me know what you think! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails