Wednesday 16 June 2010

Tutorial - How to Make a Stamped Flower Embellishment


I've always loved Prima flowers with printed words on them. I thought of an idea of making my own unique Prima-like flowers yesterday, so I decided to document the process and write a tutorial.

This is a very simple tutorial. You will need some paper flowers, dye-based ink pads and sentiment rubber stamp. I'm using the friendship rubber stamp used on the friendship cards that I've made recently. The two-toned paper flowers are available on my store.


First, choose a paper flower. I chose a blue paper blossom. Crumple it slightly to create a vintage, old paper look.


Then, use your fingers to flatten it a little.


I chose my dye-based blue and black inks. Lightly dab the ink pad all over the rubber stamp. Since I'm using 2 colours, I started with the blue ink pad before using the black ink pad to avoid stains on the blue ink pad. 


Then, stamp it onto the paper flower.

You're done! You can see the black and blue ink clearly on the flower. :)


Tip: You can use cotton bud to slightly stain the flower edges using the same ink colour.

Isn't that simple? Try it and let me know what you think. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails