Monday 18 May 2009

Father's Day Card In Brown, Yellow & Blue

I'm so happy that I managed to make 2 cards this morning. One of the cards I made is a Father's Day card for my dad. This card is smaller than the ones I usually make. The base for this card is only one half of an A4 card stock. As always, I love simple designs on my card. The real challenge is looking for the right pattern paper and colours for a masculine look.

Happy Father's Day CardFather's Day card

I chose this dark brown, pale yellow and light blue diamond pattern paper as the background of my card. Then, I used double-sided tape to stick the dark brown ribbon on the pattern paper, before sticking the pattern paper onto my base card.

Then, I tied the ribbon into a simple knot that looks like a bow. I've yet to master the skill of tying a bow, though. I printed the "Happy Father's Day" phrase on a white paper, cut it and glued it onto the same pattern paper.


I used my Fiskars paper edgers (scissors) in Cotton Candy to create shaped edges around the phrase and used 2 silver circle brads to embellish it. Then, I used double-sided tape to stick the phrase onto my base, overlapping the ribbon. And we're done!

I hope this will give you some card-making ideas for this year's Father's Day.

Tips: If you don't have any stickers, vellum sheets or rubber/clear stamps, you can always use your word processor to create phrases and sentiments in your favourite fonts. Print them in colour for a fancier look, but black is classic.



Congrats to the first commenter! :)

Mariuca - Meow Diaries

30 comments:

  1. *DONT_KNOW* *DONT_KNOW* *DONT_KNOW* *DONT_KNOW*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeeha early morning chop! :* :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Marzie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Which blog here today, Marzie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah father's day edi yeah? So many things going on, good to have friends who remind me abt all these okasis! :* :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, you la FC, GP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father's Day this year falls on 21st June, Marzie. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmmm I think I wan MD here today Debbs, lama tak feature meow anywhere! :-D :-D :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, MD it is. Congrats for your first point here this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It took a whole 10mins to load your page debbs.. phew!!! stuck at JSKit..

    ReplyDelete
  11. streamyx is getting bad to worse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tutorial.. but I'm lazy..buy card jer..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha? Baru pes poin here? Aiyooooo!!! :'( :'(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still got time to plan stuff lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gd Morning dearie!!
    Gd Morning Debbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no, LJ! Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thinking about changing to w1max, LJ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol!! :) You're super busy kan LJ? With the kaching, can buy la hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah GP! Haven't been posting much here la if you notice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yup! Still a long way to go lah...hehehe I just like to make cards early and have this post cached in Google...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning LJ! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooohhh debbs!! santekkk!! very macho and very CnS!! I love it!! :) :) but i got no daddy to give a card to. :'( :'( :'( but i can give a card to J for being a wonderful daddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww...matching dgn CnS kan? Lol!! Yes, you can definitely give J a card for being an awesome daddy yay!! :) Hugsy Shem!

    ReplyDelete
  24. We are definitely adding wimax to the internet family when we move Debbs.
    hehhe
    _____

    ReplyDelete
  25. Best nya tu, LJ! :):) Makin SSG la nanti when you have w1max hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hehhe..hopefull lah Debbs.
    _____

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails