Friday 26 September 2008

Altered Journal - Stamping and Inking Techniques


I recently finished a few pages for an altered journal for a swap. Since I have a collection of ink pads in 24 colours, I thought why not try some of the unique colours for one of my journal pages?

On this page, I used two techniques, which are stamping and inking. I stamped daisy patterns in 2 colours, Expresso and Cyan from the collection of Rubber Stampede Ink Pad Sets. I inked the edges of a white card stock paper before sticking them onto the page. They matched the background pattern paper in brown and cyan that was included in a card-making magazine that I bought.

These are simple techniques that you can apply in your card-making. Don't be afraid to experiment and to make mistakes, because that's how you learn! Have fun okay?

2 comments:

  1. That's very pretty Debbie.. I love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, LJ! I love the unique combination of colours too. We seldom see browns and blues together, don't you think? I think a light blue top goes well with a pair of dark brown pants too. :):)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails